Dataman 48UXP Universal Programmer
Universal 48-pin chip programmer with USB 2.0 and parallel connectivity. Dataman 48UXP features intelligent hardware, including microprocessor and FPGA, allowing it to program devices you use today and the devices of tomorrow.
Optimized for both laboratory and production the Dataman 48UXP is intelligent, fast and easy to use.
- The Dataman 48UXP's on-board intelligence reduces system overhead to a minimum. This gives a 100% performance increase over its predecessor when programming high-density flash devices e.g. Intel 32 Mbit flash chip in less then 60 seconds
- The Dataman 48UXP performs device insertion and contact checks before programming each device. It can detect poor pin contact and devices inserted upside down or in the wrong position preventing expensive chip damage due to operator error
- The Dataman 48UXP's universal pin driver capability lets it program all 48-Pin DIL devices, including all single-chip Micro-controllers, without DIL-to-DIL adapters
- The Dataman 48UXP has additional safety features such as a built-in current limit and pin continuity check function. This prevents damage from faulty chips during the programming cycle
- Included with the Dataman 48UXP is a 44-Pin universal adapter that enables you to support 44-Pin chips such as EPLD, EPROM, Flash, EPLD and Micro-controllers, eliminating the need to buy multiple adapters
- The Dataman 48UXP supports 2.0V ~ 5.0V logic level input/output and can supply 2.0V ~ 21V analogue voltages such as VCC. Low voltage support (1.8V) is also possible by a low voltage adapter
Base Unit (DAC)
- USB 2.0 port
- FPGA based IEEE 1284 slave printer port, up to 1MB/s transfer rate
- On-board intelligence: powerful microprocessor and FPGA based state machine
- Power: 100 to 240 VAC, auto-switching
- Frequent range: 47 to 63 Hz
- Power consumption: 25 W
- Operating temperature: 5 to 45°C (41 to 113°F)
- CE & LVD certified
- 48-pin DIL/ZIF socket with receptacle for 8-Pin to 48-Pin 300/600-mil devices
- Four DACs for Vcc, Vpp1, Vpp2 and Vpp3 with 8-bit resolution. Software controllable rises time and current limit protection.
- Logic driver supports pull-up/ pull-down or high impedance on all 48 pins with 2.0V-5V level
- Many EPROM and Flash memories have a build-in device ID and manufacturer ID. The Dataman 48UXP can read the device's ID by press hot key to detect the ID and compare its database and determined the chip's correct vendor and product number. This feature is especially useful with second-hand chips and devices that have had their part number accidentally removed
- To meet mass-production requirements the Dataman 48UXP has implemented new patented technology in both its hardware and software. After entering the Mass-production Mode, the production line operator inserts a device into the ZIF socket. An LED on the Dataman 48UXP indicates the device is ready and the operator simply removes it and replaces it with a new one. The Dataman 48UXP's auto-sensing feature ensures the device has been inserted correctly and then automatically programs the device.
- In the mass-production mode the system keyboard is automatically disabled preventing the operator from making any inadvertent mistakes and with no formal training necessary adds flexibility, saves time and money
- User can create and save a project file which contains device selection, buffer data and all the programming set-up options. This project file can then be loaded for future use reducing set-up times
- The Dataman 48UXP has an Auto Increment function which simply increments the serial numbers in the buffer each time a new device is inserted, saving time and money
- User-selectable verify voltage with one or two-pass verification. This feature ensures that your device has been programmed properly, preventing failures due to programming errors and ensuring data retention
- Accepts JEDEC test vectors up to 48 pins
- Automatic file format detection and conversion: JEDEC, POF, Binary, Intel HEX, Intel EXT HEX, Motorola S, HP 64000ABS, Straight Hex and TEKTRONIC Hex
- Keeping your programmer software up to date can be a costly business with some programmers. Dataman offers completely FREE updates for two years and the latest software is always available from our website.
The Dataman 48UXP supports over 32,000 of the most popular devices in use today – with future devices being added every day. Dataman 48UXP coverage includes the following device types:
|1 x 40-pin||•|
|1 x 48-pin||•||•||•||•||•|
|Manual or 3rd Party Handler||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Automatic by Built-In Actuators|
|Number of Supported Devices||37,000+||17,000+||118,000+||32,000+||120,000+||82,000+|
|Low Voltage Support||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|High Current/Voltage Legacy Support||•||•||•|
|Interface to PC|
|Parts and Labour (Years)||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Life-Time Technical Support||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Life-Time Software Updates||•||•||•||•||•|
|Programming Speed (program/verify)|
- Dataman 48UXP Universal Production Programmer
- Dimensions: 310 x 170 x 40mm (12.2 x 6.7 x 1.6inches)
- Weight: 1.9Kg (4.18lbs)
- Operating voltage: 100-240V AC
- Power consumption: max. 25W active
- FREE SDP-UNIV-44 universal 44 pin PLCC adapter
- Moulded USB Cable
- User Manual
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit only), Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Please see our Programmer System Requirements for more information
- Optional range of adapters and socket converters also available
The Dataman 48UXP universal programmer comes with:
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee* - If you don't like it, send it back.
- Three Year Guarantee - Three years parts and labour warranty, on the 48UXP universal device programmer.
- Life-Time Technical Support - 48UXP technical support is available free via our website and telephone helpdesk for life.
- Two Year Software License - 48UXP software updates are available free for two years via our website.
*Applies to orders from UK/US offices only.