Dataman S6 Compact USB Programmer
USB powered universal 48-pin chip programmer with compact dimensions and minimal weight. Dataman S6 can program without the need for a family-specific module, giving you the freedom to choose the optimal device for your design.
The S6 is built to meet the demands of development labs and field engineers for universal programming.
- FPGA based totally reconfigurable 48 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready to program the full range of tomorrows advanced low-voltage devices.
- The programmer performs device insertion and contact tests before programming each device. These capabilities, supported by overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- The selftest capability allows diagnostics included in the software to thoroughly check the health of the programmer.
- Various socket converters are available to handle device in PLCC, JLCC, SDIP, SOP, VSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSSOP, QFP, PQFP, TQFP, VQFP, BGA, uBGA, SON, WSON, QFN (MLF) and other packages
Base Unit (DAC)
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible port
- Logic signal level 1.5V..6.0V/10mV
- IOL, IOH current 10mA
- Logic signal frequency 75MHz (3..5V), 60MHz (2.5V), 45MHz (1.8V), 25MHz (1.5V)
- Signal skew <±2.5nS (3..5V)
- Clock frequency 0Hz..75MHz
- VDD, VIO level 1.5V..6.5V/10mV
- IDD, IIO frequency 400mA
- VPP, VHH level 1.5V..15.5V/20mV
- IPP, IHH frequency 150mA
- CE certified
- 48-pin DIL ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 48-pin
- Pindrivers 48 universal
- Programmer is driven by an easy-to-use control program compatible with the latest operating systems. Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by test functions (insertion test, signature-byte check) and additional special functions (auto run - programming starts immediately once chip inserted into socket).
- User can create and save a project file which contains device selection, buffer data and all the programming set-up options. This project file can then be loaded for future use reducing set-up times.
- Binary, Intel HEX,TEK HEX and Motorola S-record (HEX) formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file.
- Multiple S6 programmers can be connected to the same PC (via USB port) achieving an extremely powerful multi-programming system, supporting as many devices as a single S6 programmer and without a noticeable decrease in programming speed. Concurrent multi-programming is also supported allowing each programmer to work independently increasing throughput.
- Keeping your programmer software up to date can be a costly business with some programmers. Dataman offers completely FREE software updates whenever you need them. The latest software is always available from our website.
The Dataman S6 supports over 18,000 of the most popular devices in use today - with new devices being added monthly. Dataman S6 coverage includes the following device types
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, from 256Kbit to 1Gbit, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 45Dxxx, 25Fxxx, 25Pxxx, 93Cxxx series, full support for LV series
- Configuration (EE)PROM: EPCxxx
- 1-Wire E(E)PROM: DS1xxx
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, Benchmarq bqxxx, ST M48xxx
- Microcontrollers 51 series: 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89LVxxx, all manufacturers, Philips LPC series
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR: ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY7Cxxxxx, CY8Cxxxxx
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430
- Microcontrollers other: EM Microelectronic, Fujitsu, Goal Semiconductor, Hitachi, Holtek, Princeton, Macronix, Winbond, Infineon(Siemens), Samsung, Toshiba, ...
|1 x 40-pin||•|
|1 x 48-pin||•||•||•||•||•|
|Manual or 3rd Party Handler||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Automatic by Built-In Actuators|
|Number of Supported Devices||38,000+||18,000+||127,000+||32,000+||129,000+||88,000+|
|Low Voltage Support||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|High Current/Voltage Legacy Support||•||•||•|
|Interface to PC|
|Parts and Labour (Years)||3||3||3||3||3||3|
|Life-Time Technical Support||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Life-Time Software Updates||•||•||•||•||•|
|Programming Speed (program/verify)|
- Dataman S6 Compact USB Programmer
- Dimensions: 136 x 90 x 20mm (5.3 x 3.5 x 0.7inches) (excluding ZIF socket)
- Weight: 0.3Kg (0.66lbs)
- Operating voltage: 5V DC (USB)
- Power consumption: max. 4W active
- Moulded USB Y Cable
- Carry Case
- User Manual
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Windows 11
- Please see our Programmer System Requirements for more information
- Optional range of adapters and socket converters also available
The Dataman S6 universal programmer comes with:
- 30 day money back guarantee* - If you don't like it, send it back.
- Three year guarantee - Three years parts and labour warranty, on the S6 compact device programmer.
- Life-Time Technical Support - S6 technical support is available free via our website and telephone helpdesk for life.
- Life-Time Software Updates - S6 software updates are available free via our website for life.
*Applies to orders from UK/US offices only.