Dataman 848XP Gang Production Programmer
Universal gang programmer with eight fully isolated 48-pin ZIF sockets and USB 2.0 connectivity. Concurrent and semi-concurrent programming options combine with device insertion tests to give higher programming yields and reduced failure rates.
The 848XP is built to meet the demands of high volume production programming with minimal operator effort.
- To meet your future needs for high density flash chips, utilizing the PC's resources; it supports memory devices from 128K bit to Gigabit without the need for hardware upgrades. The Dataman 848XP also provides 48-pin TSOP, 44-pin PSOP, 40-pin TSOP, and 32-pin TSOP universal adapters for all the flash chips eliminating the need to purchase multiple adapters and further reducing costs.
- On-board intelligence reduces the system's overhead to a minimum. It can program 8 x 8Mb flash chips (Intel 28F800B3) within 45 seconds; an experienced operator can program thousands of high density devices per day. In addition, with the semi-concurrent programming capability, you can divide the 8 sockets into two groups of four allowing you to program one group while simultaneously removing or inserting devices from the other group.
- Each socket's address, data bus, control lines, power supply and programming voltage are isolated (> 1M ohm). Additionally, sockets have independent build-in Vcc and Vpp current limit circuitry meaning a defective device will not affect the programming integrity of other devices.
- Device insertion and continuity checks are carried out before programming each device. It can detect poor pin contact and device insertion errors including position and pin number mismatch. This function prevents damage to expensive devices due to operator error.
- The Dataman 848XP has implemented patented technology in its design; once the chips are inserted into the ZIF sockets, it automatically checks for poor pin contact and device insertion errors. If a problem is found and not corrected within the adjustable time period, Dataman 848XP will shutdown the socket and continue programming the rest of devices without any further input from the operator.
- The Dataman 848XP is designed to have minimum down time. The eight sockets are divided into four identical independent modules, each containing two sockets. If a module fails, the Dataman 848XP can still operate the other modules allowing production to continue without having to stop for repair.
- Additional safety features such as a built-in current limit and pin continuity check function. This prevents damage from faulty chips during the programming cycle.
- The Dataman 848XP supports 2.7V ~ 5.0V logic level input/output, and it can supply 2.0V~21V analog voltage (such as VCC).
- Universal pin driver capability lets it program all 48-pin DIL devices, including single-chip Micro-controllers, without adapters. However due to the number of different packages beside DIL, we have developed over 100 different adapters to support these special-package devices.
Base Unit (DAC)
- Power: 100 to 240 VAC, auto-switching
- Frequency range: 47 to 63 Hz
- Power consumption: 65 W
- Operating temperature: 5 to 45°C (41 to 113°F)
- CE & LVD certified
- 8 fully isolated 48 pin ZIF socket with receptacle, over 1 M ohm resistance between each socket
- Four DACs for Vcc, Vpp1, Vpp2 and Vpp3 with 8bit resolution
- Vcc range 2V to 7.5V, resolution 50mV
- Vpp1, 2 and 3 range 5V to 16V resolution 100mV
- Over current protect on all voltage source
- Logic level 5V to 2.7V programmable by software
- Users can save a project file which contains the device selection, buffer data and all programming option settings. The project file can be loaded at any time for future use. Engineer's design and settings can easily be passed to production without interference.
- The Dataman 848XP allows you to set the verifying voltage, e.g.,Vcc +/- 5%, Vcc+/- 10%, once devices are programmed. Vcc voltage can be set between 2 and 7.5 Volts ensuring chips have been programmed correctly and reducing data retention problems.
- The Dataman 848XP software allows for the user to set a programming target quantity and acceptable maximum failure rate. If the failure rate is exceeded, the software generates a warning message on the screen.
- The Dataman 848XP has an Auto Increment function which simply increments the serial numbers in the buffer each time a new device is inserted, saving time and money.
- Multiple 848XP programmers can be connected and controlled through a single PC (via USB port) achieving an extremely powerful multiprogramming system without any decrease in programming speed.
- Keeping your programmer software up to date can be a costly business with some programmers. Dataman offers completely FREE updates for three years and the latest software is always available from our website.
The Dataman 848XP supports over 14,000 of the most popular devices in use today – with future devices being added every day. Dataman 848XP coverage includes the following device types:
|1 x 48-pin|
|4 x 48-pin||•||•|
|8 x 48-pin||•|
|Manual or 3rd Party Handler||•||•||•|
|Automatic by Built-In Actuators|
|Number of Supported Devices||14,000+||121,000+||83,000+|
|Low Voltage Support||•||•||•|
|High Current/Voltage Legacy Support||•||•|
|Interface to PC|
|Parts and Labour (Years)||3||3||3|
|Life-Time Technical Support||•||•||•|
|Life-Time Software Updates||•||•|
|Programming Speed (program/verify)|
- Dataman 848XP Gang Production Programmer
- Dimensions: 370 x 340 x 100mm (14.6 x 13.4 x 3.9inches)
- Weight: 7.5Kg (16.5lbs)
- Operating voltage: 100-240V AC
- Power consumption: max. 65W active
- FREE Vacuum Pick Up Kit
- Moulded USB Cable
- User Manual
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit only), Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Please see our Programmer System Requirements for more information
- Optional range of adapters and socket converters also available
The Dataman 848XP Gang Production Programmer comes with:
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee* - If you don't like it, send it back.
- Three Year Guarantee - Three years parts and labour warranty, on the 848XP gang production programmer.
- Life-Time Technical Support - 848XP technical support is available free via our website and telephone helpdesk for life.
- Three Year Software License - 848XP software updates are available free for three years via our website.
*Applies to orders from UK/US offices only.