Benefits of the 48Pro2 Gang Programming System
By operating multiple 48Pro2 programmers from the same PC, you can create a high volume production environment with all the benefits of the standard 48Pro2 such as universal 48-pin ZIF socket, ISP capabilities and USB 2.0 connectivity. Up to four 48Pro2 programmers can be connected simultaneously providing a highly scalable gang programming system.
- Independent programming is more efficient than the concurrent programming method used in traditional gang programmers as each site operates independently allowing programming to start as soon as each device is inserted into the ZIF socket. Before the last device is loaded, the first device is already programmed and ready for removal. The operator is always busy removing and inserting chips, so both the operator and programmer are running continuously at maximum efficiency. With traditional gang programmer operation, the operator is idle while chips are being programmed and the programmer is idle while chips are being removed and new chips inserted. Therefore for the medium programming times, you can easily achieve the throughput of an eight socket gang programmer with two - four 48Pro2 programmers.
- 48Pro2 programmer offers the same advanced features as 48Pro+ programmer but with much higher programming speeds (20-75%) for high-capacity memories.
- FPGA based totally reconfigurable 48 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Improved pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready to program the full range of tomorrows advanced low-voltage devices.
- The programmer performs device insertion and contact tests before programming each device. These capabilities, supported by overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- The selftest capability allows diagnostics included in the software to thoroughly check the health of the programmer.
- Built-in protection circuits eliminate damage to the programmer and/or programmed devices due to environment or operator failure. All the inputs of the 48Pro2 programmer, including ZIF socket, connection to PC and power supply input are protected against ESD up to 15kV.
- 48Pro2 programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, improving programming yield and guarantying long data retention.
- Various socket converters are available to handle device in PLCC, JLCC, SOIC, SDIP, SOP, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSOPII, TSSOP, QFP, PQFP, TQFP, VQFP, QFN (MLF), SON, BGA, EBGA, FBGA, VFBGA, UBGA, FTBGA, LAP, CSP, SCSP, LQFP, MQFP, HVQFN, QLP, QIP and other packages.
- 1 x universal programming module (1 x 48-pin DIL ZIF socket and 1 x ISP connectors)
- Operation result LEDs, LED power
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible port
- FPGA based IEEE 1284 slave printer port
- Protection against surge and ESD on power supply input and parallel port connection
- Banana jack for ESD wrist strap connection
- Banana jack for connection to ground
Base Unit (DAC)
- On-board intelligence: powerful microprocessor and FPGA based state machine
- Three D/A converters for VCCP, VPP1, and VPP2, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 0..8V/1A
- VPP1, VPP2 range 0..26V/1A
- Selftest capability
- 48-pin DIL ZIF socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 48-pin
- Pindrivers: 48 universal
- VCCP/VPP1/VPP2 can be connected to each pin
- Perfect ground for each pin
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all pindriver pins
- Analog pindriver output level selectable from 1.8V up to 26V
- Current limitation, overcurrent shutdown, power failure shutdown
- ESD protection on each pin of socket (IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- Continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
- 20-pin male type with missinsertion lock
- 6 TTL pindrivers, provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down; level H selectable from 1.8V up to 5V to handle all (including low-voltage) devices
- 1x VCCP voltage (range 2V..7V/100mA), can be applied to two pins
- Programmed chip voltage (VCCP) with both source/sink capability and voltage sense
- 1x VPP voltage (range 2V..25V/50mA), can be applied to six pins
- Target system supply voltage (range 2V..6V/250mA)
- ESD protection on each pin of ISP connector (IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- Two output signals, which indicate state of work result = LED OK and LED Error (active level: min 1.8V)
- Input signal, switch YES! equivalent (active level: max. 0.8V)
Production Mode Control
- This part of the software is focused to the easy monitoring of high-volume production operations.
- Operator-friendly control software combines many powerful functions with ease of use. Graphic user interface provides an overview of important information, reducing the burden on the operator with unnecessary details.
- Project files are used to control the 48Pro2 multiprogrammer. The project files contain user data, chip programming setup, chip configuration, auto programming command sequence, etc. This helps minimize operator error as the project file is normally created and proofed by engineer and passed to the operator. The optional protected mode can be set avoiding unwanted changes to the project file.
- Each chip may be programmed with different data such as serial number, configuration and calibration information.
Engineering Mode Control
- This part of the software is focused to the quick and easy preparation of the project file for usage in the production mode control software.
- Each programming module is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down menus, hot keys and on-line help. Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by test functions (insertion test, signature-byte check) and additional special functions (autoincrement, production mode - programming starts immediately once chip inserted into socket).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file. Jam file (JEDEC standard JESD-71) and VME file compatible.
- The versatile auto-increment function allows each programmed device to be assigned an individual or incrementing serial number. This function also enables the operator to read serial numbers or device identification signatures from a file.
- The software provides extensive information about programmable devices including detailed drawings of all available packages. The software also provides explanations of chip labelling (prefixes and suffixes) for each of the supported chips.
- Keeping your programmer software up to date can be a costly business with some programmers. Dataman offers completely FREE software updates whenever you need them. The latest software is always available from our website.
The Dataman 48Pro2 supports over 75,000 of the most popular devices in use today - with future devices being added monthly. Dataman 48Pro2 coverage includes the following device types:
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 2708, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, with 8/16 bit data width
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, from 256Kbit to 1Gbit, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 45Dxxx, 59Cxxx, 25Fxxx, 25Pxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx, NVM3060, MDAxxx series, full support for LV series
- Configuration (EE)PROM: XCFxxx, XC17xxxx, XC18Vxxx, EPCxxx, AT17xxx, 37LVxx
- 1-Wire E(E)PROM: DS1xxx, DS2xxx
- PROM: AMD, Harris, National, Philips/Signetics, Tesla, TI
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR 2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- PLD: Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX7000AE, MAX II
- PLD: Lattice: ispGAL22V10x, ispLSI1xxx, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxx, ispLSI2xxxA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC, M4-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx
- PLD: Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- other PLD: SPLD/CPLD series: AMI, Atmel, AMD-Vantis, Gould, Cypress, ICT, Lattice, NS, Philips, STM, VLSI, TI
- Microcontrollers 48 series: 87x41, 87x42, 87x48, 87x49, 87x50 series
- Microcontrollers 51 series: 87xx, 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89LVxxx, all manufacturers, Philips LPC series
- Microcontrollers Intel 196 series: 87C196 KB/KC/KD/KT/KR/...
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR: AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY7Cxxxxx, CY8Cxxxxx
- Microcontrollers ELAN: EM78Pxxx
- Microcontrollers MDT 1xxx and 2xxx series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17Cxxx, PIC18xxx, PIC24xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers Motorola (Freescale): 68HC05, 68HC08, 68HC11, HCS08, HCS12 series
- Microcontrollers Myson MTV2xx, 3xx, 4xx and 5xx series
- Microcontrollers National: COP8xxx series
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD78Fxxx series
- Microcontrollers Novatek: NT68xxx series
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SXxxx series
- Microcontrollers SGS-Thomson: ST6xx, ST7xx, ST10xx, STR7xx series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430 and MSC121x series
- Microcontrollers ZILOG: Z86/Z89xxx and Z8xxx series
- Microcontrollers other: EM Microelectronic, Fujitsu, Goal Semiconductor, Hitachi, Holtek, Princeton, Macronix, Winbond, Infineon(Siemens), Samsung, Toshiba, ...
- Serial E(E)PROM: IIC series, MW series, SPI series, KEELOQ series, serial data Flash, PLD configuration memories
- Microcontrollers Atmel: AT89Sxxx, AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY8C2xxxx
- Microcontrollers Elan: EM78Pxxx, EM6xxx series
- Microcontrollers EM Microelectronic: 4 and 8 bit series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx, PIC24xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers Motorola/Freescale: HC11 series, HC908 series (both 5-wire, All-wire), HCS08, HCS12
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD7xxx series
- Microcontrollers Philips: LPC2xxx series, LPC series, 89xxx series
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SXxxx series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430 (both JTAG and BSL series), MSC12xxx series
- PLD: Lattice: ispGAL22xV10x, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, M4-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC
- Various PLD (also by JAM player/JTAG support):
Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX 9000, MAX II
Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- Dataman 48Pro2 Super Fast Universal ISP Production Programmer
- Dimensions: 195 x 140 x 55mm (7.7 x 5.5 x 2.2inches)
- Weight: 0.9Kg (1.98lbs)
- Operating voltage: 100-240V AC
- Power consumption: max. 20W active / approx. 2W sleep
- Power Cable
- Moulded USB Cable
- ISP Cable
- Diagnostic POD for self test of the programmer
- Diagnostic POD for selftest of the ISP connector
- Anti-dust cover for ZIF socket
- User Manual
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Optional range of adapters and socket converters also available
The Dataman 48Pro2 super fast universal programmer comes with:
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee* - If you don't like it, send it back.
- Three Year Guarantee - Three years parts and labour warranty, on the 48Pro2 universal device programmer.
- Life-Time Technical Support - 48Pro2 technical support is available free via our website and telephone helpdesk for life.
- Life-Time Software Updates - 48Pro2 software updates are available free via our website for life.
*Applies to orders from UK/US offices only.