- 848Pro2 programmer offers the same advanced features as 848Pro programmer but with much higher programming speeds (20-75%) for high-capacity memories.
- Independent programming is more efficient than the concurrent programming method used in traditional gang programmers as each site operates independently allowing programming to start as soon as each device is inserted into the ZIF socket. Before the last device is loaded, the first device is already programmed and ready for removal. The operator is always busy removing and inserting chips, so both the operator and programmer are running continuously at maximum efficiency. With traditional gang programmer operation, the operator is idle while chips are being programmed and the programmer is idle while chips are being removed and new chips inserted. Therefore for the medium programming times, you can easily achieve the throughput of a larger gang programmer with one 848Pro2 programmer.
- FPGA based totally reconfigurable 48 powerful TTL pindrivers provide H/L/pull_up/pull_down and read capability for each pin of socket. Advanced pindrivers incorporate high-quality high-speed circuitry to deliver signals without overshoot or ground bounce for all supported devices. Pin drivers operate down to 1.8V so you'll be ready to program the full range of tomorrows advanced low-voltage devices.
- Each programming module performs device insertion and contact tests before programming each device. These capabilities, supported by overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator error.
- The selftest capability allows diagnostics included in the software to thoroughly check the health of each programming module.
- Built-in protection circuits eliminate damage to programming modules and/or programmed devices due to environment or operator failure. All ZIF sockets and ISP connector pins are protected against ESD up to 15kV.
- 848Pro2 programmer performs programming verification at the marginal level of supply voltage, improving programming yield and guarantying long data retention.
- Various socket converters are available to handle devices in PLCC, SOIC, PSOP, SSOP, TSOP, TSSOP, TQFP, QFN (MLF), SDIP, BGA and other packages.
- 8 x universal programming modules (8 x 48-pin DIL ZIF sockets and 8 x ISP connectors)
- Operation result LEDs, LED power indicator
- Banana jack for ESD wrist strap connection
- Banana jack for connection to ground
Base Unit (DAC)
- On-board intelligence: powerful microprocessor and FPGA based state machine
- Three D/A converters for VCCP, VPP1, and VPP2, controllable rise and fall time
- VCCP range 0..8V/1A
- VPP1, VPP2 range 0..26V/1A
- Selftest capability
- 48-pin DIL ZIF socket accepts both 300/600 mil devices up to 48-pin
- Pindrivers: 48 universal
- VCCP/VPP1/VPP2 can be connected to each pin
- Perfect ground for each pin
- FPGA based TTL driver provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down on all pindriver pins
- Analog pindriver output level selectable from 1.8V up to 26V
- Current limitation, overcurrent shutdown, power failure shutdown
- ESD protection on each pin of socket (IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- Continuity test: each pin is tested before every programming operation
- 20-pin male type with missinsertion lock
- 6 TTL pindrivers, provides H, L, CLK, pull-up, pull-down; level H selectable from 1.8V up to 5V to handle all (including low-voltage) devices
- 1x VCCP voltage (range 2V..7V/100mA), can be applied to two pins
- Programmed chip voltage (VCCP) with both source/sink capability and voltage sense
- 1x VPP voltage (range 2V..25V/50mA), can be applied to six pins
- Target system supply voltage (range 2V..6V/250mA)
- ESD protection on each pin of ISP connector (IEC1000-4-2: 15kV air, 8kV contact)
- Two output signals, which indicate state of work result = LED OK and LED Error (active level: min 1.8V)
- Input signal, switch YES! equivalent (active level: max. 0.8V)
There are two ways to control and monitor the programming flow of the 848Pro2 stand-alone multiprogrammer: using the control unit or using a standard display, keyboard and mouse.
- The graphical control unit with touch screen provides essential information about the programming flow and allows basic control of the 848Pro2 programmer.
- Using a display, keyboard and mouse allows access to all programming flow information and options.
Production Mode Control
- This part of the software is focused to the easy monitoring of high-volume production operations.
- Operator-friendly control software combines many powerful functions with ease of use. Graphic user interface provides an overview of important information, reducing the burden on the operator with unnecessary details.
- Project files are used to control the 848Pro2 and contain user data, chip programming setup, chip configuration, auto programming command sequence, etc. This helps minimize operator error as the project file is normally created and proofed by an engineer and then passed to the operator. The optional protected mode can be set avoiding unwanted changes to the project file.
- Each chip may be programmed with different data such as serial number, configuration and calibration information.
Engineering Mode Control
- This part of the software is focused to the quick and easy preparation of the project file for usage in the production mode control software.
- Each programming module is driven by an easy-to-use control program with pull-down menus, hot keys and on-line help. Selecting of device is performed by its class, by manufacturer or simply by typing a fragment of vendor name and/or part number.
- Standard device-related commands (read, blank check, program, verify, erase) are enhanced by test functions (insertion test, connection check, signature-byte check) and additional special functions (auto-increment, production mode - programming starts immediately once chip inserted into socket).
- All known data formats are supported. Automatic file format detection and conversion during loading of file. Jam file (JEDEC standard JESD-71) and VME file compatible.
- The versatile auto-increment function allows each programmed device to be assigned an individual or incrementing serial number. This function also enables the operator to read serial numbers or device identification signatures from a file.
- The software provides extensive information about programmable devices including detailed drawings of all available packages. The software also provides explanations of chip labelling (prefixes and suffixes) for each of the supported chips.
- Keeping your programmer software up to date can be a costly business with some programmers. Dataman offers completely FREE software updates whenever you need them. The latest software is always available from our website.
The Dataman 848Pro2 supports over 75,000 of the most popular devices in use today - with future devices being added monthly. Dataman 848Pro2 coverage includes the following device types:
- EPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 27xxx and 27Cxxx series, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- EEPROM: NMOS/CMOS, 28xxx, 28Cxxx, 27EExxx series, with 8/16 bit data width
- Flash EPROM: 28Fxxx, 29Cxxx, 29Fxxx, 29BVxxx, 29LVxxx, 29Wxxx, 49Fxxx series, from 256Kbit to 1Gbit, with 8/16 bit data width, full support for LV series
- Serial E(E)PROM: 24Cxxx, 24Fxxx, 25Cxxx, 45Dxxx, 59Cxxx, 25Fxxx, 25Pxxx, 85xxx, 93Cxxx, NVM3060, MDAxxx series, full support for LV series
- Configuration (EE)PROM: XCFxxx, XC17xxxx, XC18Vxxx, EPCxxx, AT17xxx, 37LVxx
- 1-Wire E(E)PROM: DS1xxx, DS2xxx
- PROM: AMD, Harris, National, Philips/Signetics, Tesla, TI
- NV RAM: Dallas DSxxx, SGS/Inmos MKxxx, SIMTEK STKxxx, XICOR 2xxx, ZMD U63x series
- PLD: Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX7000AE, MAX II
- PLD: Lattice: ispGAL22V10x, ispLSI1xxx, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxx, ispLSI2xxxA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC, M4-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx
- PLD: Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- other PLD: SPLD/CPLD series: AMI, Atmel, AMD-Vantis, Gould, Cypress, ICT, Lattice, NS, Philips, STM, VLSI, TI
- Microcontrollers 48 series: 87x41, 87x42, 87x48, 87x49, 87x50 series
- Microcontrollers 51 series: 87xx, 87Cxxx, 87LVxx, 89Cxxx, 89Sxxx, 89LVxxx, all manufacturers, Philips LPC series
- Microcontrollers Intel 196 series: 87C196 KB/KC/KD/KT/KR/...
- Microcontrollers Atmel AVR: AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY7Cxxxxx, CY8Cxxxxx
- Microcontrollers ELAN: EM78Pxxx
- Microcontrollers MDT 1xxx and 2xxx series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17Cxxx, PIC18xxx, PIC24xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers Motorola (Freescale): 68HC05, 68HC08, 68HC11, HCS08, HCS12 series
- Microcontrollers Myson MTV2xx, 3xx, 4xx and 5xx series
- Microcontrollers National: COP8xxx series
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD78Fxxx series
- Microcontrollers Novatek: NT68xxx series
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SXxxx series
- Microcontrollers SGS-Thomson: ST6xx, ST7xx, ST10xx, STR7xx series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430 and MSC121x series
- Microcontrollers ZILOG: Z86/Z89xxx and Z8xxx seriesMicrocontrollers other: EM Microelectronic, Fujitsu, Goal Semiconductor, Hitachi, Holtek, Princeton, Macronix, Winbond, Infineon(Siemens), Samsung, Toshiba, ...
- Serial E(E)PROM: IIC series, MW series, SPI series, KEELOQ series, serial data Flash, PLD configuration memories
- Microcontrollers Atmel: AT89Sxxx, AT90Sxxxx, ATtiny, ATmega series
- Microcontrollers Cypress: CY8C2xxxx
- Microcontrollers Elan: EM78Pxxx, EM6xxx series
- Microcontrollers EM Microelectronic: 4 and 8 bit series
- Microcontrollers Microchip PICmicro: PIC10xxx, PIC12xxx, PIC16xxx, PIC17xxx, PIC18xxx, PIC24xxx, dsPIC series
- Microcontrollers Motorola/Freescale: HC11 series, HC908 series (both 5-wire, All-wire), HCS08, HCS12
- Microcontrollers NEC: uPD7xxx series
- Microcontrollers Philips: LPC2xxx series, LPC series, 89xxx series
- Microcontrollers Scenix (Ubicom): SXxxx series
- Microcontrollers TI: MSP430 (both JTAG and BSL series), MSC12xxx series
- PLD: Lattice: ispGAL22xV10x, ispLSI1xxxEA, ispLSI2xxxE, ispLSI2xxxV, ispLSI2xxxVE, ispLSI2xxxVL, M4-xx/xx, M4LV-xx/xx, M4A3-xx/xx, M4A5-xx/xx, LC4xxxB/C/V/ZC
- Various PLD (also by JAM player/JTAG support):
Altera: MAX 3000A, MAX 7000A, MAX 7000B, MAX 7000S, MAX 9000, MAX II
Xilinx: XC9500, XC9500XL, XC9500XV, CoolRunner XPLA3, CoolRunner-II
- Dataman 848Pro2 Stand-Alone Production Programmer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard drive: 320 GB
- Operating system: Windows XP Embedded
- Dimensions: 625 x 465 x 115mm (24.6 x 18.3 x 4.5inches)
- Weight: 14.9Kg (32.85lbs)
- Operating voltage: 100-240V
- Power consumption: max. 300W active
- Diagnostic POD for ZIF socket selftest of the programmer (x1)
- Diagnostic POD for ISP connector selftest of the programmer (x1)
- ISP cable (x8)
- Anti-dust cover for ZIF socket (x8)
- ESD wrist strap with cord and banana plug
- User Manual
- Transport case
- Optional range of adapters and socket converters also available
The Dataman 848Pro2 Stand-Alone Production Programmer comes with:
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee* - If you don't like it, send it back.
- Three Year Guarantee - Three years parts and labour warranty, on the 848Pro2 stand-alone gang programmer.
- Life-Time Technical Support - 848Pro2 technical support is available free via our website and telephone helpdesk for life.
- Life-Time Software Updates - 848Pro2 software updates are available free via our website for life.
*Applies to orders from UK/US offices only.